Bacon Explosion!!!!

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
This looks really good. I haven't made it yet, but I'm planning on it. Sorry, it's a rather long recipe on a Word doc. I got it from a guy at work. Suppose to be for a smoker, but I'll have to use the oven as I don't have a smoker. If you want it, PM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you.

It's basically a weave of think-cut bacon, smooth out some Italian sausage over the bacon weave, season the sausage with a rub of your choice, add precooked bacon pieces. Roll up the sausage, then roll the bacon weave over the sausage roll. Hickory smoke for ???? hours, add you choice of BBQ sauce to the outside and so on.

The recipe has pictures as well.

I've been lookin at this since you posted it, and it looks good,but I'm afraid to try it. I'm afraid it wont look right when I'm done and I'll have to eat it all by my self. :roll:

I made this recipe last Saturday. I used 2lbs of my home made sausage (2lbs wild pork mixed with 1 lb of Jimmy Dean "Bold Country), bought some of the McCormick Pork Rub, and some hickory flavored BBQ sauce. Being that I don't have a smoker, I cooked it for 3-4 hours at 250 in the oven.

All I got to say is that it was and is awesome (I had some tonight for dinner - again).

JDMAG":1kpf3f6e said:
I've been lookin at this since you posted it, and it looks good,but I'm afraid to try it. I'm afraid it wont look right when I'm done and I'll have to eat it all by my self. :roll:

If you want the actual recipe, PM me with your e-mail address.

Rich,

I ran this one past my CEO and she gave the thumbs up.
We are going to give it a go when my youngest daughter comes home for spring break. Should be a good time!

JD338

Back