Alliant RL 23

Palouser

Handloader
Jan 20, 2012
I saw this in a SG store the other day. It isn't even on their website yet. So close to 22, why would they make it? Does anyone have the inside scoop on this?

Note, also, RL 26. Looks good in WSMs with heavy for calibre bullets.

...I wonder if it uses the same integral buffer as RL-17/ 33, instead of a coating???

wildgene":bsj13hpf said:
...I wonder if it uses the same integral buffer as RL-17/ 33, instead of a coating???

I should imagine this would be an excellent supposition. It would be nice if they gave us some approximate burn rates, though.

I read that also. It is RE22/RE25 with Temp stability and anti Copper additive.

It looks like reloader 26 is between rl25 and rl33oNew Product Sheet (pdf) - Outdoor Writers - Home
outdoorwriters.atk.com/.../Alliant.../2014...
2014 MID-YEAR NEW PRODUCTS alliantpowder.com. Copyright © 2014 ATK 042514. PROPELLANT. Reloder 26. Achieve awesome ballistics with new Reloder® 26 from Alliant Powder®.

salmonchaser":2m3a86qf said:
Anti coppering, reduce fouling?

Supposed to be the case SC. John Barsness wrote in an article that alot of powders have had decoppering agents in them for years, but more companies are laying that moniker on their newer powders. We surely live in a great time for powders available, just hoping we start to see them on the shelf a little more often..

All I know is that for this new reloader, every time I read something it's with a different powder and that might be just the one I need to use.

mkcj":t1qmqupe said:
All I know is that for this new reloader, every time I read something it's with a different powder and that might be just the one I need to use.

Hope springs eternal for each hand loader. The lure of the unknown is what defines a hand loader, just as the desire to see territories previously unseen draw the hunter.

Back