Added some Winchesters to my collection :)

wayno945

Handloader
Jan 29, 2012
I've added three new Winchesters to my collection over the past couple of weeks. Bought a pair of Winchester 94s in 307 and 356 Win. off of gunbroker. I'm not even sure if they've been fired more than a few times. Just cycling the lever, seems they might need some internal polishing. Luckily, I managed to find some 356 brass on the 'fire, can't wait to start tinkering. I also picked up a 2013 Shot Shot M70 7x57, which really impressed me with fit and finish of the rifle. The factory stock has some good character for a standard featherweight. I have a Zeiss HD5 that I got from AJ that I'll probably put on the M70. I'm thinking I'll start with some 760 and 140 BTs.

Three of my favourite cartridges; two of my favourite rifles. I have iterations of each of these. Excellent rifles that will work.

Have had great luck with 4064 in my Mother's Interarms Mauser 7x57 rifle.

Those are all three very nice rifles friend!

Oh man, now that is a serious score! My son has an older 7x57 Featherweight and it is one of the best shooting rifles in the safe. For an easy shooting load, try out around 52 grains of RL19 and the 140 BT. Runs right at 2700 in my boys rifle and is seriously accurate.. Love that rifle.

As for those two levers, you scored big time buddy! I love them M94 Big Bores.. That is an ultra cool pair of rifles. Just so happens Nosler has a bunch of 170 PT 2nds right now that might be the best bullet in that 307..

The 356, well, I think Mike has about 20 good loads for it! Can't offer much there other than it's an awesome cartridge/rifle combo. Can't wait to see and hear how they work for you. I just love me some .358 caliber rifles...

Congrats on all three of them.

Thanks guys. Probably won't get around to load development til after the New Year. I've been forming 7x57 brass from Lake City 3006 brass. Pretty easy to do, just time consuming. I have a mule deer hunt down on the border next week and a cow elk hunt first week of Dec. Time to focus on hunting!

Back