90 Grain Accubond - 243 Win

Palouser

Handloader
Jan 20, 2012
I took a mature 3x3 whitetail this year with a 90 grain AccuBond out of a .243 at 260 yards. Muzzle velocity was 3,066 so impact velocity was right at 2,400. Retained 58.2 grains and expanded to .516. Perfect mushroom. He was bedded when I shot him and never got up, shot behind the front shoulder, recovered under hide on the off side.

Shot from my Model 70 .243. Nosler brass, CCI Br2 primers, 46 grains H4831SC. First game I've taken with the 90, pretty impressed.

I'll have to try to upload a picture of the deer from my computer as I took the photos off my phone and don't have them on anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_3561.JPG
    IMG_3561.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_3562.JPG
    IMG_3562.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_3564.JPG
    IMG_3564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,493
Nice job, stout little bullet. My daughter has a Remington model 7 with a 20 inch barrel. I've got two loads for it that produces 1 hole groups at 100 yards. One load is 2800, the other 2950 fps. I figure that's pretty good for that little gun and there's not too many deer that'll walk away from it.

Very nice! Perfect performance right there. I like that little 90 grain AB a bunch. Little brother took a few deer with them this year. Said "Scotty, it knocked them as hard as my 257 Wby with the 120 Partitions you loaded for me"... I know it isn't a 257 Wby, but man, you couldn't convince my little brother of it. He loves it for deer and now he is whacking coyotes with it..

PERFECT,!!!!!!! Now the million $ question,,, where did you get them?? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.. Midway doesn't event have them in stock.

Nicely done. Congratulations on your deer and bullet catch.

JD338

I was at shooters pro shop in Bend this summer and they had a bunch of factory seconds as well as factory seconds on brass for the 243 win. I scored big-time. I can check to see how many I have and if you need some to sample.

Howdy Guys,
Saw this post and thought I better spread the good news that Nosler is looking to make Accubonds in 6mm again in Feb/Mar. I've been casing 90 grain ABs for about 3 years now and finally decided to ask them when they'd make some more. Feb/Mar was the response from customer service!
Joe

THANKS FOR THE AVAILABILITY UPDATE...... perfect, I can develope .243 loads this spring with that 90gr...

THANKS FOR THE AVAILABILITY UPDATE...... perfect, I can develope .243 loads this spring with that 90gr...

They have been telling me that they were going to make them in December, no wait January, no wait February. They just jerk a person along, I'm not sure they have any intention of producing them. I will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back