808 Country - Maui

Okay, I officially want to go now! Sounds like you had a great time. Guy I bet you earned some extra coupon tickets with the wife on this one! :lol:
David

Great pictures Guy! Looks like a great trip. I know the wife is due for a proper vacation soon and HI is really on her scope! Thanks for sharing your trip story and pictures. Scotty

Before the trip, I didn't realize how easy it is to leave the crowded beach & resort scene behind, and get out into some pretty uncrowded, undeveloped land in Maui. A short few minutes away from the resorts, and a guy is walking on rough trails, either near the ocean or up on the mountain. Either way is great. I'd recommend taking a decent day pack, and some walking shoes/sandals.

Lots of ways to spend money at the resorts, but walking and swimming are free. I did a lot of both.

We typically closed the evening by sharing a glass of chilled white wine. It was a pretty doggone good ten days. I'm still on "island time" and pretty mellow from the experience.

Guy

While on the West Coast, it was always nice to stop through Hawaii on the return trip from a MEU float. We had to drop off some RadBn guys so we usually ended up with 4-5 days in Hawaii. Lots of us would rent a car and just explore the island. It was always a nice way to blow off some steam and see some really green coountryside. Scotty

Guy,
Glad you liked our little corner of the world.
I don't like the resorts at all. I don't EVER go into Waikiki unless I have to (Weddings and such).
The outer islands are much more laid back.
Russ

Guy,

No doubt you had a great time, it is beautiful there.
I didn't realize I had tropical blood in me until we went to Hawaii. :grin:

JD338

Back