375 Ruger "Africanization" complete

Feb 18, 2011
I mentioned a couple months back my desire to "Africanize" the appearance of my 375 Ruger. I had in my mind something along the lines of a Remington custom shop African Big Game Rifle.

I ordered a boyds stock with the following custom options:
Nutmeg Laminate Classic
Ebony fore end tip
Ebony Grip Cap
Pachmayer Pad
90 degree high gloss finish

I did a full length bedding job to fill in the inletting games and replaced the 3-9x scope with a burris gloss 1.5-5x...

Atheistically it is exactly what I wanted. This gun has always shot 260 noslers behind 76.0 of R15 better than a 375 should shoot - hopefully the new stock doesn't change this.

Attachments

• 375 1.jpeg
    375 1.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 1,718
  • 375 2.jpeg
    375 2.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 1,718
Very handsome iteration of a great cartridge. The several 375 Rugers that I've shot were very accurate. You've done a masterful job making the rifle look attractive.

Very very nice! One thing I would change (for my taste only!) would be the scope.
2.5-8 Leupy VX-3 please.

But hey.... get out there and see what she does with the new stock!

Oh man, that is nice!
Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

JD338

Great looking rifle! The stock really stands out. Very nice.

I know what you mean about those 260 gr Accubonds... The shoot like a match grade bullet!

Looking forward to your hunt reports with that bad boy!

Guy

Nice!

Just purely for selfish reasons, I wish somebody would mount a Leupy VX6 1-6x on a boomer, just so I can see if it will last on my Rigby or my future .375 Ruger and/or H&H....

BK":3vtqjn4d said:
Nice!

Just purely for selfish reasons, I wish somebody would mount a Leupy VX6 1-6x on a boomer, just so I can see if it will last on my Rigby or my future .375 Ruger and/or H&H....

That would mean shelling out a lot of money for a leupold...I could spend a little more and get a real scope like a Zenith, HT, or z6....Sorry, not a big leupold fan :shock:

No sweat. I've never had any problems with my Leupolds, but I've heard enough horror stories that I understand your opinion. Perhaps if I shot one gun a lot, versus always taking something different...

Not to derail this thread but you could put a high dollar Hilux scope on it.

OK, OK, sarcasm mode off. :)

Very nice! That is a beautiful stock. Looks like a very ready to hunt 375.

Scope looks good on the rifle as well. Can't wait to hear how it shoots for you. That 375 Ruger has really taken it's place in the category.

Back