.375 300gr PT's (Got them!)

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Gonna try these out in my Sako 85 Kodiak :twisted: ..my dealer has them in stock, gonna grab a box and see how well they shoot, if they shoot like the AB's do, I just might use this load for Moose in 3 weeks time :twisted:
Lou

It would be a fine bullet for moose, Lou. Be sure to let us know how it works for you.

DrMike":1iy0h2pe said:
It would be a fine bullet for moose, Lou. Be sure to let us know how it works for you.

Well do Mike,most likely this Sunday pal :)

Gotta help my buddy tweek in his 30/06 with 180gr PT's
Lou

Lou,

The 300 gr PT will work well on anything you would want to hunt.
Meat damage will be minimal too.

JD338

Lou - the 300 gr bullets & .375 H&H go together really well. I've seen excellent accuracy from them, and the trajectory is better than one might imagine.

I'm hoarding my 300 gr Partitions for hunting something big, with an attitude.

Except there was this one rockchuck that managed to get himself in the way of a 300 gr Sierra soft point last year... I might have been a little over-gunned for that.

Guy

Those look to be pretty awesome Lou. I can't imagine that sorta HP put on target buddy. That 375 is so versatile it is crazy. Can't beat the ability to find just about any bullet you want in factory ammo.

I am looking forward to seeing how your Sako shoots them, but then again, has it shot anything poorly?

Guy Miner":ucvrtmvl said:
I'm hoarding my 300 gr Partitions for hunting something big, with an attitude.

Guy
That's my plan too Guy :) ..I'm working on a combined Grizzly Bear/Moose hunt for 2015 :twisted: :wink:

Lou

SJB358":1q4dlfl4 said:
I am looking forward to seeing how your Sako shoots them, but then again, has it shot anything poorly?

Me too pal, :) ..No Scotty, it shoots pretty much anything I feed it pal, the 7mag is the same way too, no matter how you slice it, there's some awesome ammo out there for both, :)

Lou

Sako 85":1gby6eq1 said:
[I'm working on a combined Grizzly Bear/Moose hunt for 2015 :twisted: :wink:

Lou

Man, that would be great! Go get 'em.

That will be an awesome hunt! Grizzly & Moose... Wow! I think the .375 will be PERFECT for that hunt.

The SAKO is really an incredible rifle. If any rifle lovers here on the forum haven't taken the time to handle a couple of them, it's very worthwhile. The quality is right up there with a custom rifle in my opinion. Wood tends to be very good looking, inletted nicely, metal work is superb, accuracy can be astonishing, and they're just a delight to carry and shoot.

The .375... Wow... What a cartridge. I haven't got nearly the experience with it that others have, but it's working out GREAT for me here in Washington as a bear rifle. Hopefully as an elk rifle in time? And maybe moose if I ever beat the odds & draw the tag. I think I'll be able to save for an Alaskan/Canadian moose hunt before I draw that tag though.

That 300 gr Partition has one heck of a reputation. I've been told it's all the bullet a hunter needs for African Cape Buffalo... Yet it opens readily and is still effective on smaller antelope as well. I'd love to try one or two or three on Cape Buff someday... And bison, and moose, and grizzly and.... :grin: I don't think my wallet is big enough to buy all the hunts I'd like to use a .375 on!

Guy

Guy Miner":h676ebrf said:
That will be an awesome hunt! Grizzly & Moose... Wow! I think the .375 will be PERFECT for that hunt.

The SAKO is really an incredible rifle. If any rifle lovers here on the forum haven't taken the time to handle a couple of them, it's very worthwhile. The quality is right up there with a custom rifle in my opinion. Wood tends to be very good looking, inletted nicely, metal work is superb, accuracy can be astonishing, and they're just a delight to carry and shoot.

Guy
Thanks fellas :)
Guy, I'm sure, and I know you just love your .375 H&H just as much as I do, man from the first time I shot mine, I was hooked!..As a youngster, I've always dreamed of going on a Grizzly/Brown Bear hunt, and now I'm very serious about it as my lovely wife knows, I love the Nosler Partition as well as the AB's, but favour the PT just alittle more, and my Sako 85 Kodiak is plenty accurate, lets hope it handles the 300gr PT's well. If you ask me, I'd say that's pretty good life insurance when you become the hunted :shock: ...nah, I'm not scared, no need to be :wink:
Lou

I hope it works for you Lou, if you choose North West B.C. I could give you a few pointers on what areas to look at. Some spots have lots of grizzlies and a few moose (like where I live) and other spots will have both in good numbers.

gerry":3i4y5078 said:
I hope it works for you Lou, if you choose North West B.C. I could give you a few pointers on what areas to look at. Some spots have lots of grizzlies and a few moose (like where I live) and other spots will have both in good numbers.
:) Thanks pal!..I well very much keep that in mind Gerry, B.C is what I had in mind for this hunt,

Lou

No problem Lou anyone else that wants to hunt my section of B.C. I would be happy to help out in any way.

gerry":34wjhesz said:
No problem Lou anyone else that wants to hunt my section of B.C. I would be happy to help out in any way.

It's ready Gerry, just sitting here watching the movie "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins :lol:
:wink:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches movies or stuff on the computer with a gun in hand :)

gerry":25f1t1br said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches movies or stuff on the computer with a gun in hand :)
:)

No, I actualy took it out of the safe, along with the Bavarian to get the clips out, gonna have my grandson's (Tyler) name engraved on both of the clips (on the inside part of the clips) :)

Lou

Very nice, I'm sure he will be a very happy guy one day. I just pulled out the Savage 260 Rem after seeing the pic of your 375 :) it still points really nice :)

gerry":26xxw0n3 said:
Very nice, I'm sure he will be a very happy guy one day. I just pulled out the Savage 260 Rem after seeing the pic of your 375 :) it still points really nice :)
:) ..I hear ya!...I do it all the time :shock: ..I can't shoot them every day, but I just like to look/handle them once in awhile too :grin:

Lou

Sako 85":2nyxk6uj said:
Gonna try these out in my Sako 85 Kodiak :twisted: ..my dealer has them in stock, gonna grab a box and see how well they shoot, if they shoot like the AB's do, I just might use this load for Moose in 3 weeks time :twisted:
Lou

Hey Lou - please SAVE the BRASS for me ! LOL :grin: RJ

Back