.300RUM? POP?

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Any experience with the V-max bullets? I'd like to * mostly for something to do *.......is play with the 110gr V-max this winter on yotes.
Do you think this bullet will withstand the pressure of the RUM ?

I never did shoot that particular bullet, however I did shoot the 125g nosler BT at 3950fps and it withstood the velocity. I was getting 3/4" at 100 yards. It was one of the most destructive combos on milk jugs I've ever witnessed. Pretty hard on barrels though...I never did get a chance to shoot a coyote with them. Probly would have been pretty nasty.

Remington....
Hey, you know better than that.....Your only giving half the story.
What powder were you using? I know you liked the H-1000 ??

powerstroke, i think the 110 vmax will with stand the pressure, but why even go that route,you''ll just burn your rifles throat out that much quicker, grab another rifle save you cannon 4 big game, rem-2506 burned out his barrel soon enough, re-read his other posts, regards jjmp

jjmp.....
Why buy it if your not going to use it ?
It certianly is not my norm or usual yote gun. It's also a sendero, which makes the packing not much fun.

powerstroke- I used Rl-22 for those 125g btips. I only bought 1 box of them bullets just to try. I never shot a steady diet of them. If I had to do it all over again, I would stick with the 200g AB or 210g VLD in the 300 RUM and call it good. I tried to many bullets and wasted half my barrel life on trying and developing different loads for bullets I never intented on using for game anyways. Oh well, it was a fun 2 years...

Powerstroke":tclbkz88 said:
Any experience with the V-max bullets? I'd like to * mostly for something to do *.......is play with the 110gr V-max this winter on yotes.
Do you think this bullet will withstand the pressure of the RUM ?

Never played with them but if I wanted to burn that barrel out that would be the way to do it! :lol:

Seriously the 150 is the lightest I played with at 3600 fps with RL 22

point taken, :shock: but i was just trying to save your barrel, sendero''s are great shooters, heck have a blast its your party.......when you burn it out then you can re-barrel with a custom tube, don''t get me wrong i think the rounds a lazer beam,but boy she eats powder, have fun its your gun....jjmp

POP,
What chrony are you using? User friendly? Indestructable?

jjmp....No worries, and believe me, i do appreciate the heads up and concerns, as there is not much of that out there these days. This round once figured out, will probably see a max of 20 round per year.

I'm with Remingtonman!
My 300RUM(LSS) loves 200 grain bullets, so considering the limited barrel life, that is what I shoot.
If i want to shoot lightweight varmint bullets, I shoot something smaller. That being said, I do like the 75 grain Vmax in my 257bob, sweet :grin:

Back