.277 90 Grain Bonded Solid Base - 270 Win ????

Palouser

Handloader
Jan 20, 2012
Has anyone loaded these bullets for a 270 Win? I know they were designed for a 6.8 SPC but they may make a nice little deer round?

I have been thinking about trying them in the bee, but am a little hesitant. They definately would be a screamer but I am wondering how they would hold together at that speed.

REDGREEN":13tdpz30 said:
I have been thinking about trying them in the bee, but am a little hesitant. They definately would be a screamer but I am wondering how they would hold together at that speed.

I love your show! I think I am going to try them. My 270 Winchester should make those things come out of the muzzle at 3650 ft./s. I bet they would be just a bomb on deer!

Let us know how they work out, I definitely and going to try those on some blacktailed deer hopefully next year. They appear to be really tough, the 168 gr 30 cal would also be most interesting to try in a 30-06 or bigger.......

I will. I still have a doe tag and might try to take a doe with one a little later. Will post the results if it works out.

I think the 30 cal BSB wought be one heck of a tough bullet! I would think it would be a great moose round!
Todd

The 168 gr BSB combined with a 168 gr Ballistic Tip would make a real great pair of hunting loads. That bullet does scream moose hunt to me as well, there is something about a round nose bullet that I really like for some reason, probably has everything to do with all those moose hunts I had here in thick bush.

Back