243 WSSM loads

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
Anyone have pet loads for the 243 WSSM? I'm looking to use the 70gr BT, 95gr BT, and 105gr AMax. Calling in my order for the D Tech 243 WSSM upper tomorrow :mrgreen:

Woodycreek":1kmjx7p6 said:
Anyone have pet loads for the 243 WSSM? I'm looking to use the 70gr BT, 95gr BT, and 105gr AMax. Calling in my order for the D Tec 243 WSSM upper tomorrow :mrgreen:

Uh oh, and so it begins! Darn it buddy, why do you have to do this to me right now!

On the other note, Hodgdon lists H100V as being pretty speedy with 100 grain bullets. I know that is where I would start since you have had such good luck with it.

I bet RL17 might work well too? You should have taken the lb I have left with you!

I just peaked and Superformance lists 3360 with a 90gr Scirocco! Man, talk about a screamer! Wow...

Sorry but I gotta do it buddy :mrgreen: I was thinking about Varget for the 70 BT since it works wonders in the 243 AI. 100V will be the first loads with the 95 BT. It has worked well in the 243 AI also. Always wanted to try Superformance in something??? I think Retumbo may work with the 105s?

Woodycreek":26wc0mol said:
Sorry but I gotta do it buddy :mrgreen: I was thinking about Varget for the 70 BT since it works wonders in the 243 AI. 100V will be the first loads with the 95 BT. It has worked well in the 243 AI also. Always wanted to try Superformance in something??? I think Retumbo may work with the 105s?

I think it is going to be fun and I am jealous! Hopefully you learn to take pictures. I need to live vicariously through you for this one!

This should be a fun one! I promise to take lots of pics with this one. Hope to have pics of a suppressor on the end of it!

My best load was H414 (or Win 760--same powder) with 95 gr Ballistic tips.

45.5 gr yielded 3220 fps and close to 1/2" from my Model 70

FOTIS":2f9jwvxy said:
My best load was H414 (or Win 760--same powder) with 95 gr Ballistic tips.

45.5 gr yielded 3220 fps and close to 1/2" from my Model 70

This 243 WSSM upper has potential! Just need to make a decision on 22" or 24" barrel.

I think it'll do just fine. It is a short powder column and the 22 should be a touch stiffer as well. 3200 with 95's is a deer nightmare!

I have had my heart set on one of those uppers for a while. Let me know what you think after you get to play with it a bit.

jmad_81":js2kpp5y said:
I have had my heart set on one of those uppers for a while. Let me know what you think after you get to play with it a bit.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.... Ask him the wait time :twisted:

SJB358":2l79v1xj said:
jmad_81":2l79v1xj said:

Glad you think its funny "BUDDY"! If I could only type what I really think of my "BUDDY" right now :evil:

Jake,

I put the order in but Mike is 8 months out. Gonna try the 22" select match barrel with 1-8 twist.

Woodycreek":3a90lwdh said:
SJB358":3a90lwdh said:
jmad_81":3a90lwdh said:

Glad you think its funny "BUDDY"! If I could only type what I really think of my "BUDDY" right now :evil:

Jake,

I put the order in but Mike is 8 months out. Gonna try the 22" select match barrel with 1-8 twist.

At least I won't miss the load work!

Woodycreek":2l41w8wv said:
Glad you can find the sliver lining in my pain :x

Man, maybe I should have ordered one if it is going to be THAT long....

Ah never mind.. Still gotta buy optics!

I can feel the sarcasm and dry humor in that reply coming through the phone! Check your text messages "BUDDY".

Woodycreek":12i1gtzx said:
I can feel the sarcasm and dry humor in that reply coming through the phone! Check your text messages "BUDDY".

Ah, its just funny! I would just get that M70 Coyote and call it a day!

SJB358":7o716f54 said:
Woodycreek":7o716f54 said:

...Man Up & buy a .25 WSSM upper, Scotty!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

wildgene":1d1i678d said:
SJB358":1d1i678d said:
Woodycreek":1d1i678d said:

...Man Up & buy a .25 WSSM upper, Scotty!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Man, I am thinking about it Gene! With Brian with a 243, I would be okay with the 25 WSSM as my Quarterbore!

You can get pretty similar bullets in BC so it might be okay with a little extra bullet weight!

Back