140 gr accubond, 7mm08 jugs

Firebird

Handloader
Jun 22, 2013
From my remington 700 7mm08 at 100 yards, the nosler AccuBond penetrated through five jugs and was found between the fifth and sixth jugs. Weight and size are in the pictures. As always this is most accurate for me, sub Moa at 100 yards measured at 2764 fps. Fired once rem brass, fed 210m prer and 48 gr of h 4350. Great bullet, one of my absolute favorite loads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3,274
Classic performance; it should give anyone confidence on game.

Very nice! That bullet looks great. It's the bullet I run outta my son's 7x57 as well.

They are a fantastic bullet. I really like the performance they have shown me. Great test and thanks for doing that.

Excellent performance that is predictable.
Nice work!

JD338

2764fps at impact, or the muzzle? Reason for asking is that I'm planning on using this AB for my upcoming WY Lope/Deer hunt, and just can't decide between Varget, or RL-19. They're at a dead heat for accuracy, but the RL-19 outshines in speed.

I would go for velocity if accuracy is identical. This is especially so when speaking of a bonded core bullet such as the AccuBond.

How can anyone argue with results like that ? If a 7mm/08 can bust 5 jugs, then somebody pleeeze 'splain to me why so many want to insist it's "Just a kids gun" ?

Gunner46":133kb2mi said:
How can anyone argue with results like that ? If a 7mm/08 can bust 5 jugs, then somebody pleeeze 'splain to me why so many want to insist it's "Just a kids gun" ?

No idea Gunner. A good 7-08 with a 140 load would be okay with this guy. My son hunts elk with his 7x57. I like big cartridges as well, but I have no delusions they are better than what a 7-08, 270 or similar can do with excellent bullets.

I bought this as a "girls gun" for my wife and growing daughters. I am over six feet and pushing 250 pounds and would call myself a magnum shooter. This little rifle has sure taught me a lesson! I've loaned it to two nephews and between myself and them we've done some great work with it. Would not hesitate to own it as my only rifle-stay tuned, me and little Elle have Wyoming tags and will be adding some pix to this thread. . .

There have been some good questions asked, some by various gun-writers, about why our wives and kids seem to fill tags just fine with .243's, 7-08's, .308's etc... While us burly he-men seem to "need" a .300 mag or larger for the same task... :wink:

I like the load - looks like it's doing just fine.

Regards, Guy

Good Hunting FB ! I'll be out there in 33 days (& counting), With my 7mm/08 & 140 AB's.

Still waiting for a pic of your antelope!-just for giggles the other day I worked up a load with rl17-which shoots much faster for me than rl 19 and I can get up to 2830 with same accuracy. Also tried h414 and it gets me to 2800 and nearly as accurate. I guess rl17 is my new per round and h414, h4350 fall in backup status

Well, here are a couple for you, but they were taken with a mere .25 cal, 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip...

And some without bullet holes in them:

Didn't have a 7mm with me, but I did find antelope!

Regards, Guy

Back