110 Accubond, RL-22 & Redfield Revolution

Horsethief

Handloader
Jul 5, 2012
The 110gn AccuBond gets 1" groups @100yds with 68gn of RL-22 in my S2 Vanguard .257 Wby Mag. Seated not-too-deeply allowed the overall length to be just short of the max lenght of the magazine.

With the exception of shooting heavier bullets from 300yds, the Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm has not needed scope corrections. A few clicks up is nothing special going from a 100gn to a 120gn bullet. This scope holds its settings shooting max loads. Can the scope do anything more?

The only question now is which load do I use during rifle season, the 100gn TSX, the 110 AccuBond, or the 120gn Partition? This is a good situation to be in.

That is a great place to be in! It is looking like you are probably close to 3400 or so with that 110 AB. Talk about a screamer of a load! I am glad you have had such good luck with the Redfield. The few I have used have been nothing but excellent as well. The glass is clean and clear and they adjust very nicely.

As for what to use in the field, I would use whichever one you want.. Maybe you can use one load for deer and if your allowed to shoot more, try the other? Sounds like the S2's are making a great name for themselves.

All three of the bullets you list are excellent for deer. As you said, you are in a good situation.

Back