Pay It Forward

H870 is a superb powder in the 7RM and any of a number of other cartridges. One of my best loads using 175 grain Speer GS is built with H870. I'm down to my last three pounds.

Does anyone know a legal way to get the H870 to Dr. Mike? I will be going to Ontario in February. Can I legally cross the border with it?

NYDAN":1pz28ggi said:
Does anyone know a legal way to get the H870 to Dr. Mike? I will be going to Ontario in February. Can I legally cross the border with it?

CBSA permits importation of powder. Homeland Security would frown on such a move however. The problem is not Canada; the problem is the US in this instance. Though people have forwarded brass, bullets, scopes and rifle magazines to Canada, it can draw unwanted attention from Homeland Security since these are not transiting through a licensed intermediary. Best to divest yourself of the powder down in the States, or dump it on your flowers (a fair fertilizer).

NYDAN":ik7wkq75 said:
I have some old powder that probably dates back to the 1980's.

Hodgen H870 - most of a pound.
Unique - most of a pound.
2400 - most of a pound.
Green Dot - About 1/2 in a 4 lb. container.

Also, old pistol primers and old rifle primers for someone who just want plinking ammo.

Since I can't ship powder into or out of NYS now, I will give it to anyone who can pick it up. (hint, hint, Truckdriver, Rol_P, CharlieNY)
Dan, thanks for the hint. If I was closer I would jump on it. Your about 4 hrs. one way for me.

Truck Driver,

Keep it in mind for the next time you travel this way. I must be on your way to Buffalo.

Dan

Dan, the next time I get into your area I will let you know ahead of time so we can get together and I will plan to have some extra time for hanging out.

Great! I will give you the grand tour. If we have enough prior planning maybe we can get Rol_P to join us.

NYDAN":j67pbn13 said:
Great! I will give you the grand tour. If we have enough prior planning maybe we can get Rol_P to join us.
That would be great. I imagine we could have some good BS over a bottle of good NY wine and some of that great NY cheddar cheese I'm fond of. I would have to get me a room down at Painted Post just to rest up for the drive home.

I hope to be back in Geneseo NY about 1 hour north of Dan early in January.. I can supply the NY Cheese and maybe a little "Tennessee Honey"...
I welcome the opportunity to meet anyone on this forum.. Looking forward Truck Driver. Merry Christmas.

Rol_P":178e9h6v said:
I hope to be back in Geneseo NY about 1 hour north of Dan early in January.. I can supply the NY Cheese and maybe a little "Tennessee Honey"...
I welcome the opportunity to meet anyone on this forum.. Looking forward Truck Driver. Merry Christmas.
not sure when it will be but It should be fun.
Merry Christmas to you also Rol_P.

6mm Remington":1g1gz443 said:
MERRY CHRISTMAS Knife sharpening!!
Not something you can actually lay your hands on but I will make this offer...........The first three who pipe up I will sharpen hunting, pocket, fixed blade or folding knives, up to three knives per person. Once they are scary sharp I will ship them back to you. I will not charge anything and will guarantee that they will be extremely sharp. If you are not happy with them I will personally send the $$$ necessary for you to have them professionally sharpened. I will not ruin your blades as this is done by hand and the blades do not get hot. I will not do serrated blades as they are a huge pain in the arse!! :twisted: :mrgreen: Fixed blade knives should be in a sheath or the blades wrapped in newspaper or something to protect them at the least. Make sure they are mailed in a decent box with some padding so they don't bounce around a lot either and let me know how much they should be insured for. Return postage or $$$ to cover that alone would be appreciated but not necessary.

So speak up here on this site and also PM me if you are interested and we will work it out where you send them to.
David

No takers on my offer so far. Might have to see if I can upload a video of my son's hatchet I sharpened for him. It's nothing fancy but seems solid. I was able to get my knife sharpener on it and touched it up. You can slice newspaper or cut hair on your arm!!
Offer is still up there guys.
That's with a hatchet, not a knife!!!!

Hey David is this offer still on the table? I have a couple that are in need of some serious work!
Todd

Yes Todd that offer is still out there. No-one else took me up on it. I'll shoot you a PM with my address and such.
David

Thanks! You are going to wonder what kindergarten I took them to to get them sharpened last! I am horrible at sharpening them, probably why I recently bought a Havalon Piranta.
Thanks David!

PAY IT FORWARD SOME MORE. No-one seems to want a practically brand new Winchester Classic Model 70 barrel in .270 Winchester not that I blame them anyways. It is blued chrome molly with I'm guessing not more than a box or two down the tube at the most. It is 24" and has the finer threads on the shank. It is standard contour.

If someone pays shipping and insurance it will be at your door in just a few short days. Can someone out there get some good use out of this. I would like to see it put to use and especially by one of the good folks on this forum. Someone out there must be wanting to do a .270 rebarrel or have one shot out that needs replaced. :?: :?: :?

David

NEW WINCHESTER BARREL IN .270 WINCHESTER GUYS!!

Palouser":2vodt2rb said:
Thanks! You are going to wonder what kindergarten I took them to to get them sharpened last! I am horrible at sharpening them, probably why I recently bought a Havalon Piranta.
Thanks David!
You will want to put that petite little flower away when you see/feel the edge on these stout manly knives sir!

I can't wait! I am sure glad there weren't before photos because they would be embarrassing! I'll have to post an after photo!

Palouser":3pv8ialn said:
I can't wait! I am sure glad there weren't before photos because they would be embarrassing! I'll have to post an after photo!
One of my buddies asked me if I did before and after. I wish I would have thought of that! :grin:

6mm Remington":1z8bxpcu said:
PAY IT FORWARD SOME MORE. No-one seems to want a practically brand new Winchester Classic Model 70 barrel in .270 Winchester not that I blame them anyways. It is blued chrome molly with I'm guessing not more than a box or two down the tube at the most. It is 24" and has the finer threads on the shank. It is standard contour.

If someone pays shipping and insurance it will be at your door in just a few short days. Can someone out there get some good use out of this. I would like to see it put to use and especially by one of the good folks on this forum. Someone out there must be wanting to do a .270 rebarrel or have one shot out that needs replaced. :?: :?: :?

David

I would love it if nobody has taken it already! That would be awesome!

Palouser":15hqkjli said:
6mm Remington":15hqkjli said:

David

I would love it if nobody has taken it already! That would be awesome!

GONE: Todd wants the .270 Winchester barrel so it's outta here! :grin:

Thanks so much. I'll pm my address again incase you didn't save it. Let me know how much for postage!

Back