parts for Marlin 881

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
I have a Marlin 881 .22 cal. The safety is broken and needs a replacement. What is broken is the small knob that slides into the groves that determine safe and fire. I haven't called Marlin yet, although I will on Monday, but would rather just find it on line and order it myself.

Any ideas where I could order from?

Long

Yea, I looked there. They do not show the 881 but do show other models with what looks like the same part. Only thing is they show you have to have an FFL to order it.......whats the deal with that??

Long

Is the part packaged with reciever parts?
I do know you have to be a ffl to buy a reciever.

The safety assy is an individual part. I called Marlin today and they gave me the part number etc... but said it had to be installed by a gunsmith. And according to them all gunsmiths have an FFL. . . which I guess could be. So both Brownells and Marlin say the same thing. Looks like a gunsmith in my future.

The good thing is that I got the idea to try to make my own knob for it but had to buy a Dremel and parts kit to be able to do it. The knob deal did not work out, but I still have the Dremel etc... :lol: A guy at work said "you should have just borrowed mine". . . and I would do that because :roll: :lol:

Long

A dremmel tool is an indespensable asset to any reloader and gun owner. :grin:
They are woderfull for bedding jobs.

Back