Latest .30-06, 180 gr Nosler project

I worked up a load in a 300 win mag last fall. 180 Ballistic tips at 3000 fps with H4831 . The rifle took 2 elk at less than 50 yards each. Full exit on both shoulder shots.

FOTIS":xkh63fx4 said:
I worked up a load in a 300 win mag last fall. 180 Ballistic tips at 3000 fps with H4831 . The rifle took 2 elk at less than 50 yards each. Full exit on both shoulder shots.

Nice! You know I like Ballistic Tips! (y)

Guy,
That sounds like a good load to refine there. Nice velocity too!! I believe your rifle has a 24" barrel doesn't it? H4350 is my powder of choice for the 06!

Don

The 24" barrel seems to get you more bang for you buck so to speak in fps it would appear! That is a nice looking rifle. Guy have you glass bedded it and had the trigger worked on? Just curious. I cannot imagine that you haven't.

Yes, it's actually pillar bedded, the barrel free floated, and the trigger tuned to a crisp three pounds.

I had a good local gunsmith do the work on my .25-06 and .30-06 at the same time. He made them very nearly identical.

You can see the worn finish on the .25-06 bolt, it's been used a lot more.

Guy

Guy,
Your set ups look real good. I had the same thing done to my 300 RUM about 3-yrs ago.
Had the trigger reworked and set to 2.5 lbs. It tightened up my groups too!

Don

Back