223 Wylde AR with 53g vmax/73g eldm

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
Shot some 53g vmax over Benchmark and 73g ELDM over IMR8208XBR yesterday. Loaded the 53s to 2.260" and the 73s to 2.3" in ASC mags. These were the winners. Good enough for a gasser with Hornadys and throwing some loads together. Not going to mess much more with it. 1/2 MOA with an AR in my mind is good enough for me. Still getting used to the funky 2 stage trigger and springy recoil...53s will be a nice truck/calling load for dogs and the 73s will play on the LR steel targets out to 800.
20240502_154728.jpg
20240502_154648.jpg

Do you shoot over at Milton Freewater? If so I'm pretty sure we met a few years ago. Your hunting pictures you posted seemed to match a conversation I had with a young man doing good work at distance over at that range.

Do you shoot over at Milton Freewater? If so I'm pretty sure we met a few years ago. Your hunting pictures you posted seemed to match a conversation I had with a young man doing good work at distance over at that range.
No, I'm from Hermiston amd do my shooting over here, or in Echo on Madison Farms.

I've only shot in MF a couple times for the PRS style 22 shoots.

There's a little cemetery over near Echo that has some of my relatives there from the wagon train days.
I ran my dogs for Kent Beebe down where Yoakam Road runs into Reith road, that hunt club there.

Last edited:
Back