Wyoming antelope

Bose

Beginner
Apr 15, 2007
Is there a such thing as a "do it yourself antelope hunt" in wyoming anymore? I live in Ms so most of my planning will have to be over the internet. Just thought I would ask for some tips. Thanks in advance

Bose

Welcome to the forum.
Some of the fellas here should be able to assist you on a WY DIY speed goat hunt.

JD338

Welcome to the forum.

I have been a resident for 14 years. The key is to find public land to hunt them OR private land that will allow this.

There is alot of public land in Wyoming. The BLM land use maps are great. It's much easier to get a buck tag in Wyoming as a resident. Wyoming Law required most of the tags (soemthing like 60-70% of the tags) be let to residents. Lets just say that the area I applied for last year was way over subscribed for buck tags. Of course I was still able to buy a pair of doe tags and fill those.

The state is 50% public land. Bureau of Land Management maps are great for better detail. A Wyoming Atlas and Gazetteer is perhaps the best place to start. Buck tags can be tough to get, doe tags and surplus doe tags are fairly easy. Most anywhere in the central and western areas of the state provide good hunting opportunities. A do it yourself hunt is easy for antelope in Wyoming. The weather can be hot or a blizzard, so come prepared for anything, and plan to have a good time. Wyoming pretty much welcomes hunters. Good luck!

I posted a personal messagae reply. I can put you into unlimited antelope that you can hunt free on private land. It won't cost you a thing. The rancher has all of Sally basin in his family and all he want's is the landonwner part of the tag. (It costs you nothing). Thousands of antelope. Kind of like the veldt of Africa. I was there last yeaar and want to share the opertunity. Good Hunting
Antelopehunt :grin:

Back