Range day 7 Nov 13

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Well had some fun today and did some good. I had 5 rifles with me.
30-30 30-06 25-06 7mm rem mag 264 win mag

The Marlin Microgroove was by far the funnest! After sighting it in with the 160 FTX handloads I commenced to break softball sized rocks at 200 yards finish off my ammo.

The Ruger American was a hero to behold! Nothing over an inch!

165 BT at 2850

165 PT at 2850

180 AccuBond at 2775 fps

7mm rem mag---gotta work on that. Basically accuracy

25-06 gotta work on that. Velocity and accuracy with retumbo

264 gotta work on that. Velocity and accuracy

Looks pretty good Fotis.

With the 100 gr bullets in the .25-06, consider a somewhat faster burning powder. Should be able to pick up about 100 fps more.

Guy

A range day like that would cause the consumption of a few cold ones in celebration for me!
You DEFINATELY need to lengthen out the distance!
Looking forward to more pics when you do!

Have to redo 25-06, 264 and 7mm mag

Those look quite good, the Retumbo 264 WM load could go quite a bit higher by the looks of it, all of the guns look like they are going to be shooters though.

My range day was windy, cold, and rainy. I did find out my Scout really likes 140 gr. Nosler Custom Comps with AA 4064. I also found out that my gopher gun, a .22LR, was shooting about 10" high, I got that corrected and then worked on my POI shift with the can on, that added another 2" high but windage was good. I can live with that. My Scout turned in a couple of nice 1.5" groups, which is a nice turn from the 3" groups with 168 grain bullets.

Fotis, fine range Day! Anytime that I can get all of the rifles that I am shooting to shoot below MOA, I have had a good day. Looking good!

Thanks Fotis, as usual you have them all well on their way to being sub-1" MOA.
Can't wait until your next range report:)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Man, that 30:30 group is something else.I like that load. Was that with irons or a scope?

Back