Picture in a Scope

I saw an artical on it, I think it was in Handloader, maybe Varmint Hunter. It sounds like a great concept, that would be alot of fun. The camera does not effect the scopes functioning so your scope will still work if the batteries die. That is the main issue for me.

I don't remember the pixel, it didn't seem the sharpest. I think John Barness wrote the article, and I'm guessing you have his home number. :grin: It looks like it would be a lot of fun, but if you got one remember that you couldn't make any excusses about the scope being off (you'ld have a photo of your sight picture). :wink: That's a joke, you being a Southern Oregon boy and all and reading enough of your loading manuals I know you can shoot.

If the camera is capable of 3 megapixels, that should be enough. I have an inexpensive digital that the kids gave me that is a 3 mp. I have take lots of scenery pictures on vacation (on the medium setting, which is 2mp) and they are wonderful! I have many of them on my screensaver and even at the medium setting, they are very sharp and clear. Don't get too hung up about thinking you need 5 or 6 mp's to take good pictures! 44 Man

The article I read was by Brian Pierce in the September issue of Rifle. Looks like fun.

Back