Incredible Customer Service at Weatherby

TBASTIAN

Handloader
Jul 1, 2006
Since my days as a student, at Oregon State University, I have been true to the Leupold brand. At the time I was shooting a .338 Winchester Magnum, topped with a VXII 3-9X40mm scope, held by a competitor's set of rings...after a few sessions at the range, the rings broke, and the recoil scarred the tube of the scope. I wasn't as seasoned then, and thought that the rings had been Leupold...after returning the rings and scope to the company in Beaverton their customer service called to notify me that they could repair the scope but it would cost me $80, as the rings weren't theirs. At the time $80 was extremely hard for me to come by, I respectfully decline the offer, but their representative stopped me, telling me that if I'd just have them repair the scope they'd throw in a set of rings and bases at no charge...I found the $80 and haven't bought another brand ever since. I was really impressed by their service and willingness to help me out.
This past week, I came across another similar situation. A few years back I had purchased a Weatherby Mark V Fibermark chambered in .257 Weatherby. I've spent countless hours reloading over 55 different loads for the rifle, to find only two loads that shoot under 1 MOA. I was in Paso Robles on vacation, and brought along the Mark V to have a trigger job done, hoping to improve on the accuracy.
I called ahead and spoke to someone in their service department. I was only in town for a few days and wasn't sure that they'd be able to fit me into their busy schedule to complete the job...long story short, they serviced my rifle, dropped the trigger to 3 lbs. and took out all of the creep...all during the same day I dropped it off.
I picked up the rifle the next day. It had been cleaned, reassembled, and was packaged in a new box, wrapped in plastic and styrofoam. After testing out the trigger I asked how much I owed them. "We decided to do it as a good will gesture" was the answer I received...It's not often that you find companies like Leupold and Weatherby, but I can tell you customer service like this has made me a believer and I plan to be a loyal customer well into the future.
Thanks again to Rodney and the staff at Weatherby, in Paso Robles, CA!

That is a great story! Customer Service is becoming a thing of the past. Its refreshing to hear that there are a few good companies still doing the right thing for their customers, like Nosler, Leupold and Weatherby.

Thanks for posting your comments, its greatly appreciated TBASTIAN.

JD338

I certainly appreciate hearing that account of great customer service. Thanks for sharing.

Always great to hear. RCBS is also a company that have great Customer Service.

.405":1uhrfo43 said:
Always great to hear. RCBS is also a company that have great Customer Service.

I can vouch for RCBS as well as Hornady! I had a bent decapping rod after removing a stuck case from my .375 Ruger dies. Hornady sent me a new rod with expander ball and several decapping pins for free! Gave me the same service RCBS has always given me.

I have a 25+ year old RCBS Reloader Special II press that I wanted to upgrade the handle from the original straight to the latest style with the ball. RCBS wouldn't let me pay for the new handle. They said that they would put it down as warranty. You can't beat that for customer service!

Ed

I have always found RCBS to have superb customer service. They create a loyal base through that service. I might mention that the only time I found it necessary to contact Forster for a decapping pin, they were very good to care for my request.

I finally had a chance to take the .257 out to shoot today. The trigger job is great...however, I ran into the usual problem...a great group one day, leads to a disappointing group the next. I just can't figure this rifle out. My 110 grain AccuBond load of 63.0 grains of RL 19, that has shot under an inch twice, opened up to 2" today. I just don't get it.
My 115 grain TSX load still shoots under an inch...looks like I'll just have to stick with it, even though I'd like to shoot Noslers. Here's a picture of the TSX load.
June2009176.jpg

I have...I just haven't found the right load using it, and now I'm out of it. As you might understand, there isn't any to be found in my neck of the woods.
110 Nosler AccuBond
IMR 7828 - 70.0 Grains (IMR) 3,350 FPS 1.58"
IMR 7828 - 71.0 Grains (Nosler) 3,480 FPS 1.36"
IMR 7828 - 69.0 Grains (Nosler)* 3,300 FPS 1.16"

115 Nosler Partition
IMR 7828 - 67.0 Grains (Nosler) 3,342 FPS 1.62 Average
IMR 7828 - 68.0 Grains (Barnes) 3,316 FPS 2.56"
IMR 7828 - 69.0 Grains (Nosler) 3,433 FPS 2.39" w/Flyer

117 Sierra Pro Hunter
IMR 7828 - 65.2 Grains (Hornady) 3,200 FPS 2.46"
IMR 7828 - 69.5 Grains (Kirk) ?FPS 1.80"

Back