Burris B-Plex Fullfield Scopes

7mmfan

Beginner
Dec 14, 2004
Anyone have a story as to how these scopes are working? Considering one for a 50 cal muzzleloader and a 17 HMR. I normally just like straight leupolds, but the prices are right on these now, especially for just normal, nothing fancy guns.

Brad

7mm Fan,

I see you are from HAFB, I live in Roy. Anyhow, I recently purchased the Signature with Ballistic Plex scope and I am very impressed. Optically it is superb but the Ballistic Plex is really cool too. I am going to Avon tomorrow morning to double check my sighting in at 300 yards as this seems to be the only "long range" range I know of in the area.

I have friend that have been using the Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex and they have been very pleased. We all shoot common cartridges and the charts that they send to us with the scopes have been very accurate.

I am shooting the 7mm Remington Magnum with 160 Nosler Accubonds behind a stout load of H-1000 powder. EXTREMELY accurate and plenty of speed. I hope to take a cow elk in the next few weeks with the load and rifle. This is why I am "double" checking the 300 yard hashes (plex) tomorrow.

The other day, I shot 3/4 at the small 5" gong at 320 yards. I missed the first one but it was my fault, not the load or rifle.

Good Luck and I have a lot of faith in Burris scopes. The fullfield is a heck of a scope for the money.

Firehawk

Thanks, it would seem to be a perfect fit for the new Savage muzzleloader. Normally, I wouldn't want it as I'm very good at doping wind and range with my Leupolds, but the 50 cal has quite the rainbow trajectory. Good luck on the cow hunt. I just got back from Wyoming where I dropped my cow at 444 yards with one shot. That makes it my third elk past 400 yards, go figure.

Brad

Ballistic Plex is one of the simplest ballistic reticles out there. I love it and have 3 of them. Best way to zero it, is to run a ballistics program for your load that calculates drop in MOA. Convert the reticle subtensions to MOA, then match up to the program. Then TEST it to verify the zeros. If they aren't right, adjust BC +/or MV to get a better "trajectory-reticle fit".

I have three of these burris BP scopes now and my dad has another one. Two are FFII 3-9, one is a FFII 4.5-14, and the other is a 3-12 Euroblack diamond. I have the 3-9s on a 22-250 and a 243. They work very well once you figure out your zero. I have shot out to 400 yards and they were close enough to hit the large Stick-n-See targets, 6" circle. My dad has the 4.5-14 on his 7mm Rem Mag. he has shot it out to 500 yards and found it easy to place shots on water filled milk jugs. I am putting the 3-12 on a 338 Rem Ultra Mag.

When used along with a lazer range finder it is a great long range hunting tool.

The FULLFIELD II line of scopes is an excellent value, nice clear scopes.

Back