358 Winchester w/ 200gr Silvertip

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here is the wife shooting my BLR with the factory loaded 200gr Silvertips. They are really an incredible load for my 358 Win (thanks Joel). They will shoot into an inch, they chrono right at 2450 and it seems they have excellent performance as well. I wished I could find the darned bullet, but if you watch the video, you will see it. It looks good and would be a great big game buster as well. Scotty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcbW9Qs7BAU

By the time one is firing a 35 calibre, there is enough mass to ensure that something will remain regardless of what critter is shot. Good shooting from Mrs. Scotty.

Thank you Mike. She did well and that Silvertip is a fine game bullet at 358 Win speeds. Be neat to see how the 200gr FTX out of the 358 Win does as well. Scotty

beretzs":yrhxkk18 said:
Thank you Mike. She did well and that Silvertip is a fine game bullet at 358 Win speeds. Be neat to see how the 200gr FTX out of the 358 Win does as well. Scotty

I should be able to provide those results this year. I just received a bulk pack of blemished FTXs from Midway. Just not sure which powder I'm going to push them with.

I will be anticipating the tests and use CC. I am not sure what a really good powder for the 200gr bullets are in the 358. I have used IMR4198 for about 2450 and decent accuracy with the 200gr Hornady Spire Points. I think if I were to load more 200's, the FTX would get the nod. Heck, I am still waiting on Nosler to make us a sweet 200gr BST or AB for the smaller 35's. I think that would be a great bullet for the 35 Rem and 358 Win. Scotty

All that I've seen of the FTX so far is positive. I'd think you have a good bullet in that bulk pack, CsC. I'm still waiting for a good 200 grain PT OR ab for my .358.

A 200gr solid base bonded RN/FP for the 35rem and a 220gr solid base bonded spitzer for the 358win.

tjen":1pl0gpl3 said:
A 200gr solid base bonded RN/FP for the 35rem and a 220gr solid base bonded spitzer for the 358win.

Those would be pretty cool to have for us 35 Lever nuts for sure... With selection like that, I wouldn't have to mess with many other companies. For now I will continue kicking the 200 grain Remington out of the 35 Rem and the 225 PT out of the 358...

I have a bunch of FTX for my 35 Remington

Back