250 Partitian

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]Recovered this 250 grain Partitian from my Wildebeest at 130 yards. Velocity was 2470 at the muzzle from my .35 Whelen. Bullet weighs 190 grains.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 1,823
Phew! Great recovery.. They are a hammer in the 35's for sure.. Looks like it is made for them heavy beasts.. Might have to give them a run in the Newton, they are amazing in the Whelen.

Thanks for posting that..

8) Well it looks like the Whelen has served you well. the bullet performance still looks the same from these partitions as it did 40 years ago, I guess you cant keep a good thing down. The only time I have ever had any problems with them was many years ago we tried them in our .270s and after years of using a Sierra BT that had a very thin jacket and then switching to Nosler Solid Base bullets , I tried the Partition and both Dad and I felt that we were NOT getting the same results as we had with the other bullets............................ but that was on a deer not a moose or an elk .
I used them for years in 150gr for Moose and Elk and found them to work fine, but I actually preferred the other bullets on deer sized game.............. JM2$W
Today I would of course just run BT or SST and look no further.

Quartering towards me a bit, found under the hide on the other side. Not sure how much penetration but whatever the width, with a quartering angle, on a decent sized blue wildebeest.

Back