150 ablr/7mm-08 kills jugs

Congratulations on a nice buck. The 7mm 150 gr ABLR has proven to be a great bullet in a short period of time.

JD338

I was not present when the buck was skinned so I'm not sure which shot this came from, but here is the recovered bullet. Pics will show shape and weight-better results than the torturous water jug test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,897
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2,897
2015 nebrasaka whitetail. One shot from the 7mm08 dropped him. Shot was off hand maybe 150 yards. Ill get the retained weight from the bullet and give an idea what it did when I skin him-happy with the buck and bullet performance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,223
Beautiful buck and great performance on the bullet. Congratulations!

Nebraska-but I've spent an awful lot of time in Wyoming-passed a bunch of mule deer there in October. Mule deer are for antlers, whitetails are for meat!

The bullet retained 78 grains. Shot was high shoulder to prevent him from getting the the road which seemed to be his plan. I was high and missed the spine and at fairly close range got exactly what I expected. quarter sized holes in both shoulder blades and bullet stuck in the skin on the far side, buck dropped in his tracks. I did find some small pieces of lead under skin in entrance and through chest cavity. I later ranged the distance at 110 yards.
The real test of this bullet would be to kill an animal With it at longer ranges, which is something I just haven't gotten the opportunity to do, but at closer ranges it has performed like a great hunting bullet is supposed to in my mind-the proof is in the pix I guess-js

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 667
i had the chance to test the 150 ABLR out of my 7wsm on 2 different bucks this fall.

the first buck was a shot at 17 yards facing straight toward me and feeding. i aimed for center of the spine
at a height where if the bullet continued inside the would be center of the chest.
the bullet went all the way in and exited the ribcage behind the left shoulder.( it must have deflected somehow??)
awesome penetration for the tough impact it endured!!!

the second shot was at 310 yard at a quartering away buck. the shot entered the last ribs on the right side and exited behind the shoulder on the left side (5th-6th rib from the front)
the entrance side showed large area bloodshot meat (rib meat only) meaning expansion was fast and explosive. inside damage was awesome with very large wound channel.
1.5'' in and out holes.
the damage done and penetration depth on both count make me think Nosler scored big with this bullet.
it looks like it will give the explosive reaction of the Ballistic tip i regard as perfect for quick kills.
and the penetration of bonded bullet needed on tough shots.

the 310 yards buck in Manitoba

the 17 yards buck in Quebec

Sounds like the performance on either animal was about what one would expect. Congratulations. The buck pictured is a fine animal. Looks as if you've had a great season.

Back