Pigs down

Sounds like a good time had by all!
Glad to hear good things about the 338 RPM!
Were you able to recover any bullets?

I shot one that was about 50 Lbs on purpose so I can put it on the spit, like lamb on Greek Easter. The others just like elk. Roast, loins, backstrap, chops etc.
Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks for the info.

Looking good my friend and thanks for spiring my appetite.
I almost licked the computer screen.o_O
How does the 338RPM compare to a 338WM ?
I would have liked to have been with you and tried out the 35Whelen AI on a few.

Last edited:
Looking good my friend and thanks for spiring my appetite.
I almost licked the computer screen.o_O
How does the 338RPM compare to a 338WM ?
I would have liked to have been with you and tried out the 35Whelen AI on a few.
My Whelen should go next time. As far as the 338 RPM Vs. 338 Mag issue, I do not think there is much of a difference to make a difference. Just an "updated more modernized" case for the RPM if there is such a thing.

My Whelen should go next time. As far as the 338 RPM Vs. 338 Mag issue, I do not think there is much of a difference to make a difference. Just an "updated more modernized" case for the RPM if there is such a thing.
Thanks Fotis for the reply.

Back from my trip to Texas. Definitely a success. 21 pigs total for nine hunters. I used my 338 RPM, the others used one 6.5 PRC one 6.5 creedmoor and the rest were all 308 Winchesters. The 175 hammers a 3200 ft per second work great. All shots were under 100 yd. The hammers went in with a very nice entry hole and a 2 to 3-in exit hole. Internal damage was devastating. Here are some pictures.
Aloha Fotis.

Back